We ask if there’s been a wedding that’s left her spellbound, or which one she considers the most unique wedding she’s ever planned and true to form of the greatest masters and teachers she lets on that she’s still learning despite her vast experience and expertise.
“I really enjoy making weddings for people from all over the world. Last year, I had an Aussie-Mexican wedding where the bride and groom taught me so much about environmental consciousness and introduced me to green weddings. I love the effort we put in to portray the mélange of both cultures.”
Says Sofia of weddings that are one-of-a-kind and stand out in people’s memories long after the day, “I believe the most unique weddings are the ones where the guests can see the personality and essence of the couple.” and this is something that’s abundantly on display through all of Sofia’s work. Check out her Instagram handle @sofiparrodiwp for more breathtakingly beautiful weddings here.
Sofia’s Top Five Favorite Venues in Mexico to wave her Magic Wand
Sofia calls Querétaro home but given her vast experience with weddings all across the country this wedding whiz is equally at ease regardless of where her clients wish to wed. But which venues have been her favorites you ask?
- Hacienda Viborillas: One of Sofia’s favorites is also the most complete hacienda she’s ever known. It greets you with a vintage train completely set as an original and it even has an authentic barbershop, a bar, and an apothecary in it! It has the most beautiful restored chapel for couples who love everything traditional and for those keen to go off the beaten track, an actual eccentric but breathtaking set of underground caves for events.
- Hacienda La Solariega: “I really love the fauna and how green the venue is!”, says Sofia of this old public grain exchange that has been adapted to host events. It can easily be transformed for open/closed events with literally the click of just one button.
- Hacienda Los Arcangeles: This venue is a modern hacienda, centrally located in San Miguel de Allende, a chic-colonial town. It has a beautiful chapel and two fantastic houses to host the families; a complete and perfect destination wedding experience!
- Ranch Luna Escondida: Surrounded by nature and a stunning landscape, this venue has so many incredible spaces for events that it’s hard for Sofia to pick just one as her favorite. The options are many as well as ultra-versatile to suit different personal styles, ranging from a horse stable to a crystal room. It’s the perfect blend between a peaceful, idyllic paradise and vibrant Mexican tradition.
- Hacienda Tovares: “If you’re a horse lover, you will immediately fall in love with this place.” is Sofia’s expert verdict when it comes to Hacienda Tovares. It’s a very complete hacienda in Cadereyta, (40 min. from Querétaro) which offers plenty of gardens, a lake, an organic vineyard, a beautiful hotel boutique, and the most incredible and luxurious horse themed hotel.
Still not sure which is the perfect venue for you or even where to start with your dream wedding? We’re here with all the answers to questions you didn’t even know you had, so forget the wedding planning anxiety and overwhelm and just get in touch!